Items and traps are one of the essential parts of The Culling. Every item is unique and differs the playstyle a lot, especially in combination with specific perks.
Stims are consumable items that give the player a boost to their stats for a short period of time (this time can be increased by 50% with the chemist perk).
List of Stims:
- Orange Juice: Applies effect of X-plosive Runs, Iron 4-Skin, and Muscleman Milk.
- X-plosive Runs: Increase Movement Speed by 25% for 30 seconds.
- Iron 4-Skin: Reduce Damage Taken by 15% for 2 minutes.
- MuscleMan Milk: Increase Damage Dealt by 15% for 2 minutes.
- Lung Butter: Increase Stamina Regeneration for 2 minutes.
- Hemo Drip: Recovers 5 HP instantly, and an additional 20hp over 20 seconds.
- Hemo Blast: Increases maximum HP by ten.
Traps are items players can set up to slow down or/and damage opponents that are lured into them. All traps are destroyable by being hit or with explosives. The explosive traps can however also be destroyed with ranged weapons, so hitting them isn't recommended (for obvious reasons).
List of Traps:
- Caltrops: Applies bleed and cripple to opponents.
- Crafted Snare: Deals 10 damage and Traps opponent until they break out of the snare or take damage.
- Steel Snare: Deals 25 damage and Traps opponent until they break out of the snare or take damage. (Destroyable only by explosives)
- Punji Sticks: Applies sickness and deals 10 damage.
- Explosive Mine: Detonates when an opponent walks in front of it, dealing 40 damage.
- Remote Explosive: Detonates when user right clicks with its remote, dealing 60 damage.
Healing Items are consumable items that replenish health on use.
List of Healing Items:
Utility Items are items which are used as a utility and can sometimes aid in combat.
List of Utility Items:
- Stun Gun: Stuns an opponent temporarily, but takes a second to charge. It isn't used unless it hits an opponent.
- Alarm Gun: Activates an emergency tracking beacon for 60 seconds and deals 1 damage.
- Man Tracker: Displays distance (up to 99 meters) and direction of nearest opponent.
- Pepper Spray: Blinds an opponent for 10 seconds, however they gradually see more over the last 5 seconds.
Inventory Upgrades are items that players can equip during the game to increase the slot count of their inventory.
List of Inventory Upgrades:
Armors are items that players can equip during the game to decrease incoming damage and stop bleeding.